Learn What you Like and Why you Like it!
We offer courses for the complete beginner through to detailed wine appreciation courses for the more serious enthusiast.
View our course types below, and download the course guides for more information.
What's the difference?
All of our courses are aimed at allowing you to enjoy the wine you drink and have confidence when ordering/buying your next bottle of wine.
INTRODUCTION TO WINE COURSE
- Run over two nights (consecutive Tuesdays or Wednesdays 7pm - 9pm) or 4 hours on a Saturday (12pm to 4pm)
- Assumes no prior knowledge or tasting experience
- Perfect for anyone just starting their journey with wine.
WINE APPRECIATION COURSE PRESENTED BY ROB GEDDES MW
- Run over 4 consecutive Tuesdays or Wednesdays (7pm - 9pm) or one Saturday (10am - 4pm)
- Our flagship course voted best wine course in Sydney.
- Presented by Master of Wine Rob Geddes, the course content is essentially the same, merely run in two formats
- Perfect for anyone looking to further develop their interest in wine
ONE NIGHT SPECIALS
- Entertaining nights built around a specific theme, e.g. How To Read A Wine List
4 nights / One Day, c.35 wines
What Will I Learn?
Wine can be a difficult subject and for many people daunting and intimidating. Thus our approach is all about increasing your confidence with wine. Our aim is that regardless of your previous experience, you will find our courses informative and entertaining.
Whilst topics covered vary between courses, you can expect to cover most of these topics in any of our multi-session courses:
- How to taste wine
- How to identify quality
- Identifying specific flavours and aromas
- Food and wine matching
- Tips on ordering/serving including glassware and decanting
- Trends in wine
- Wine making techniques
These courses make great gifts so please contact us if you would like to arrange a gift certificate for your husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, son/daughter, mum/dad or brother/sister or just for your friend! For the best experience attend together and share the journey of wine discovery.
Want to know about something in particular?
Request a course or tasting below: